- This event has passed.
MEROOGAL WOMEN’S ART PRIZE 2018: CALL FOR ENTRIES. Entries close at 4pm on 31 July 2018.
June 12, 2018 @ 12:00 am - July 31, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
Female artists from across NSW are invited to submit works, in any medium, that respond to Meroogal and its sense of place. Selected artworks will be displayed throughout the property, throwing new light on the personal stories of the people who once lived there, and the rich collection of objects that are still contained within the house.
The Meroogal Women’s Art Prize is a regional, non-acquisitive competition and exhibition. It is open to a work in any medium made by a woman aged 18 years or over who is a resident of NSW. The entry fee for one artwork is $30. Artists can submit up to two works.
Entries close at 4pm on 31 July 2018.
Artworks selected for display in the exhibition will be displayed throughout the house, gardens and grounds from September 2018 to March 2019.
- 1st Prize: $7000, SLM Membership, and a Bundanon Trust artist-in-residence scholarship*
- 2nd Prize: $3000 and SLM Membership
- Highly Commended Award: SLM Membership and solo exhibition opportunity at Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Nowra**
- People’s Choice Award: $500 and SLM Membership. This will be announced during the International Women’s Day awards ceremony held on Saturday 9 March 2019.
The judges for this year’s prize are:
- Bronwyn Coulston, Unit Manager – Arts & Culture, Shoalhaven City Council
- Deborah Ely, CEO, Bundanon Trust
- Lisa Havilah, Director, Carriageworks
- Dr Caroline Butler-Bowdon, Director, Strategy & Engagement, Sydney Living Museums.
- Entries close Tuesday 31 July 2018 at 4pm.
- Artists selected for exhibition will be notified by Friday 24 August 2018.
- Artwork delivery dates: Tuesday 11 September 2018 or Saturday 15 September 2018 between 10am and 3pm.
- Exhibition launch and prize winners announced: Saturday 22 September 2018.
- Exhibition dates: Saturday 22 September 2018 – Saturday 16 March 2019.
- Artwork collection dates: Wednesday 20 March 2019 or Saturday 23 March 2019 between 10am and 3pm.
Address for delivery and collection of works:
Corner West and Worrigee Streets
Joanna Nicholas, Curator, House Museums Portfolio
Phone: (02) 9388 7922