- This event has passed.
MODELS AND MINIATURES at NSW Rail Museum
July 7 @ 9:00 am - July 9 @ 5:00 pm
MODELS AND MINIATURES
Come and explore the serious fun of railway models and miniatures at this new 3-day event. Browse a range of layouts from different eras in a range of scales and gauges, and displays of models of all sorts from the NSW Government railways and private collections, all set amongst the real trains at the NSW Rail Museum.
Things to see & do:
- Illawarra Model Railway Association’s HO scale layout representing Waterfall station and yard in the 1960s
- Rails in the Garden operating their 32mm and 45mm gauge live steam model layout
- Historic Electric Traction’s HO scale Electric Car Sheds model layout
- ACT Model Railway Society’s ‘Yendys’ layout depicting a section of Sydney suburban mainline
- The Meccano Modellers Association display of working models of NSW locomotives and steam powered machinery
- Display of scale and instructional models from the NSW Government Railways, including models from the much-loved Sydney Royal Easter Show layout from the 1950s and 60s
- Display of models from private collections showing the history of commercial models in Australia
- Build your own wooden steam loco toy*
- Mini train rides
- Steam train rides on the heritage Loop Line* – 11am, 12.30pm & 2pm each day
- Toy train tables to play with
All of this is included in your museum entry. Kids of all ages love exploring the biggest display of heritage trains in NSW! This will be a great day out for the entire family.
NSW Rail Museum
10 Barbour Rd, Thirlmere
Friday 7 – Sunday 9 July
Free with museum entry
* Additional charge for Loop Line train rides and wooden loco kits.
Ph 4683 6800