St Marys Towers will take onlookers back in time just at the sight of the two-storey Gothic revival country residence. The towers are a significant location in history due to the stories of the past and the owners and visitors that opened its doors.
With its sprawling and manicured gardens and gorgeous design, the property is a sight to behold and can be viewed via appointment.
In 1942, Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell, Surveyor General for the colony of NSW between 1828 and 1855, laid the foundation of the towers stone on his land named Park Hall.
In 1860, Park Hall was purchased by Dr Richard Jenkins and renamed Nepean Towers where he added a colonnade to the northern and eastern walls of the house, as well as a small chapel.
In 1868, Queen Victoria’s second son, Price Alfred the Duke of Edinburgh, travelled by rail and carriage across Douglas Park River to visit the towers.
In 1904, ownership of the property was transferred to the Catholic Order known as the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart. They renamed the property as St Mary’s Towers as we know it today and built a number of new structures including a stone Apostolic School (now a retreat centre), a Church and a Novitiate.