The Convent at the Oaks was designed by a local Camden builder, G. Furner, and built be local builder, J. Devitt and A. Roberts. It was officially opened in 1906 to welcome students.
For nearly 60 years, the Convent accommodated 14 girls as boarders and together with day pupils they were educated in the school house next door. The girls learned music, drama and shorthand in addition to their usual lessons.
The Convent closed in 1965 and is now home for the incumbent priest.